Friday, January 27, 2017

Italian Seasoning

I had my own Italian blend that I'd used for some time, but when I first started following the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP), I found that two of the six ingredients were on the do-not-eat list. I created a new mix and discovered I liked this one even better!

Italian SeasoningItalian Seasoning

2½ T granulated garlic
2½ T dried oregano leaves
1½ T dried parsley leaves
1½ T salt
2½ t dried thyme leaves
1 t crushed rosemary
  1. Stir all ingredients together
  2. Store in a covered container at room temperature
  3. Shake well before using
Yields about ½ c seasoning

NOTE: I use this blend to make my Italian sausage: to each pound of beef, pork, or chicken, add 1½ T seasoning.

What Italian-inspired dishes to you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!